Creating Balance In Your Life
Our lives (heck, our sanity) teeters on the perfect balance between work and play, our job and our family, our love and our responsibility, the list goes on. For some people, that balance is easier to achieve because they enjoy their jobs or because they find that the things in their lives are weaved together in a different form. For others, balance seems just out of their reach.
The most important things that we must balance are our:
1. Mind – this includes things like learning, growing (mentally), our vision, our emotions, etc.
2. Body – this is our energy and our health (diet, exercise, outlook, and beauty).
3. Spirit – this is our consciousness; we center this during meditation and prayer and when we are present and aware.
4. Social – any relationship that we form in our lives.
5. Finance and Material Objects – money, belongings, and our home.
6. Fun and Games – a lot of different things falls in this category but it is basically things that we find entertaining (travel, parties, hobbies, etc.).
7. Profession – your professional persona (whether you consider this to be a job or a career).
All of these things have to be balanced in order for us to feel fully fulfilled and happy. They also have to be balanced in order for you to be healthy, both physically and mentally.